What We Do
The Learning Agenda offers a variety of services to meet the needs of youth-serving organizations and philanthropies.
Community of Practice Facilitation
We develop and facilitate professional networks, learning communities, advisory boards and interactive meetings and conferences of all sizes. We have deep expertise leading groups to achieve common goals in meetings and across the long haul.
We’ll collaborate with you and manage the professional learning process end-to-end, ensuring learning is strategic and accessible.
These services may include:
- creating a learning agenda with clear goals and objectives, relevant content and a focus on solving common challenges;
- developing processes that support learning, application of knowledge and a continuous improvement cycle;
- ensuring the right people are present and engaged;
- identifying and preparing speakers, scheduling and facilitating planning calls, developing and editing scripts and presentation materials;
- developing session-specific agendas, recommending meeting/session formats;
- identifying and vetting locations, handling vendor contracts and working directly with venues and service providers;
- coordinating meeting logistics such as participant outreach, invitations and registration and preparation of meeting materials;
- onsite meeting facilitation and logistics management.
We provide thought leadership, strategic planning, and project management to build or supplement your staff capacity and to create or improve initiatives, programs and processes. We have the experience to help you develop new strategies and programs and enhance existing ones, to evaluate the quality and outcomes of your work, and to recommend next steps based on those outcomes.
Examples of these services include:
- needs assessment to understand challenges from multiple perspectives, and gain insights into how our expertise can be best deployed;
- strategy development and project planning to guide implementation efforts;
- review and synthesis of research, policies, and best practices to inform project implementation;
- management or oversight of complex initiatives;
- implementation of a comprehensive step-by-step process to support long-term sustainability, with a focus on action.
We are skilled at capturing and making knowledge useable. We synthesize research, data and best practices; assess implementation and outcomes; document progress and processes; and write, design and produce print and online reports, practical tools and publications.
Whether in service of a larger initiative or as a stand-alone project, TLA professionally refines and packages content to serve your goal. These services may include:
- original data collection and analysis, with a focus on qualitative data;
- implementation studies and quality assessment;
- review and synthesis of field literature and resources;
- logic model or theory of action development;
- identification of and interviews with field leaders, peers or bellwethers;
- collection, curation, development or adaptation of tools and resources;
- development of reports, slide decks or other products that summarize learning and encourage application.
“The Learning Agenda team blends strong content expertise with relationship savvy and relentless pursuit of excellence. This trio of strengths is rare and makes The Learning Agenda a powerful partner for tackling new challenges collaboratively. I witnessed these skills in action through my experience with the Wallace Foundation Professional Learning Community, who accelerated my organization’s strategic plan and partnerships.”
Collaborate with us
Get in touch to see how we can support your organization
in achieving your goals.